Call of Cthulhu: 7th Edition Role-Playing Starter Set (2022 Edition)
This Starter Box contains everything you need to start playing Call of Cthulhu RPG, the tabletop roleplaying game of mystery and horror.
Players take on the role of investigators of mysteries, uncovering dark secrets, encountering strange monsters, and thwarting sinister cults. Together, you and your friends create and develop a story in which each of your characters plays a leading role, which could be foiling some dastardly plot or stopping horrors from beyond space and time!
RPG gaming is a social pastime. Everyone works together in a team, each playing an investigator character. One player runs the game, the Keeper of Arcane Lore, who referees the game and presents the story and adventure plots to the other players. Think of it a bit like acting in a drama, but where there isn’t a script.
Dice and the rules of the game determine the success or failure for your characters actions all while you are propelled into dramatic and nerve-tingling situations! The emphasis is on having fun.
This 2022 updated edition includes newly designed covers, technical errata, and new-format investigator sheets.
Inside This Box
- Book 1: Introduction and Alone Against The Flames – a solo introductory adventure, teaching you the basics of Call of Cthulhu as you play through a mystery
- Book 2: Call of Cthulhu Starter Rules – the essential rules, everything needed for starting play
- Book 3: Adventures – three starter adventures for your players to explore.
- Ready to Play Investigators – five ready to play game characters
- Blank Investigator Sheets – ready for creating your own investigators.
- Roleplaying Dice – a set of six polyhedral dice for use in the game.
- Player Handouts – a set of ready to use props.
- Adventures! This box comes packed with four classic adventures for over twenty hours of game play.
- Alone Against The Flames
- Paper Chase
- Edge of Darkness
- Dead Man Stomp
Quickview Dungeons & Dragons, Geeky Gifts, Role-Playing GamesExplore subterranean labyrinths! Plunder hoards of treasure! Battle legendary monsters! The Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set is your gateway to action-packed stories of the imagination. This box contains the essential rules of the game plus everything you need to play heroic characters on perilous adventures in worlds of fantasy. Ideal for a group of 4 – 6, the Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set includes a 64-page adventure book with everything the Dungeon Master needs to get started, a 32-page rulebook for playing characters level 1 – 5, 5 pregenerated characters, each with a character sheet and supporting reference material, and 6 dice.
Quickview Board Games, Role-Playing GamesWaterdeep, the City of Splendors - the most resplendent jewel in the Forgotten Realms, and a den of political intrigue and shady back-alley dealings. In this game, the players are powerful lords vying for control of this great city. Its treasures and resources are ripe for the taking, and that which cannot be gained through trickery and negotiation must be taken by force! Lords of Waterdeep is a strategy board game for 2-5 players. You take on the role of one of the masked Lords of Waterdeep, secret rulers of the city. Through your agents, you recruit adventurers to go on quests on your behalf, earning rewards and increasing your influence over the city. Expand the city by purchasing new buildings that open up new actions on the board, and hinder - or help - the other lords by playing Intrigue cards to enact your carefully laid plans.
Quickview Dungeons & Dragons, Role-Playing Games, Summer SaleCreate your own Critical Role campaigns with this sourcebook for the world's greatest roleplaying game! Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount provides everything you need to play Dungeons & Dragons on the continent of Wildemount (set within the world of Exandria) - a land of war, betrayal, and swashbuckling adventure. Comprised of four regions, Wildemount provides endless potential for adventure in a land of brewing conflict and incredible magic. Rising tensions boil over into all-out war between the politically dubious Dwendalian Empire and the light-worshiping wastefolk of Xhorhas, supplying a vibrant backdrop for any D&D campaign to explore.
- Uncover a trove of new options usable in any D&D game, featuring subclasses, spells, magic items, monsters, and more, rooted in the adventures of Critical Role—such as Vestiges of Divergence and the possibility manipulating magic of dunamancy.
- Start a campaign in any of Wildemount’s regions using a variety of introductory adventures, dozens of regional plot seeds, and the heroic chronicle system - a way to create character backstories rooted in Wildemount.
- Explore every corner of Wildemount and discover mysteries revealed for the first time by Critical Role Dungeon Master, Matthew Mercer.
Quickview Gaming Accessories, Role-Playing Games, RPG AccessoriesDesigned to keep your science fiction RPG or tabletop game rolling, even in the tightest of table spaces, the Big Book of Sci-Fi Battle Mats offers unique flexibility. Books lay 100% flat to double the map size, or can be used one page at a time for smaller encounters or where space is tight thanks to the wire bound spine. Books feature modular designs which can line up across multiple books for a really epic adventure!! The first open and roll Sci-Fi Books to be published, these unique products mean the GM’s & players of Sci-Fi RPG’s can now enjoy all the benefits that the original Big Book of Battle Mats brings to the Fantasy RPG players!