Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay – Altdorf: Crown of the Empire
NB: All orders of this product include a PDF copy which will be sent via email within 24 hours of receiving your order.
Altdorf is the capital city of the Empire and the birthplace of Sigmar Heldenhammer. It is the most populous city in the Old World, and the site of several famous and majestic landmarks. The Imperial Palace and the Grand Cathedral of Sigmar are monumental edifices, larger than whole districts of smaller cities. The Colleges of Magic tower over the banks of fog that blow in off the Reik, venting gouts of sorcerous fire and fume. Altdorf has another side to it, in the teeming rookeries of the East End and the bustling Dockland to the north, gangland intimidation and revolutionary fervour are felt more keenly than the word of Sigmar’s priests, or the rule of the Emperor’s laws.
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire is a fascinating and entertaining 224-page guidebook to the capital. Standing on the confluence of two of the greatest rivers in the Empire, Altdorf is a nexus of power: government, religion, magic and military. Each district is carefully detailed with a wide variety of locations, plot hooks, and NPCs. A beautifully illustrated map, provided with both GM and Player versions, shows off the expansive city in exquisite detail. Whether Players wish to explore the Street of a Hundred Taverns, involve themselves in intrigues at the Imperial Palace, seek to topple the established order alongside Altdorf’s revolutionary factions, or dominate the city’s underworld as part of the warring dockland gangs, the book has all you need.
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire is extensively researched; combining details derived from over 30 years, including stories, sourcebooks, and roleplaying scenarios, with new material to create the ultimate sourcebook for thrilling adventures in the capital. Old favourites such as ‘Filthy’ Harald Kleindeinst and Rosanna Ophuls are updated to be used in the fourth edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Characters from Warhammer Fantasy Battle with links to Altdorf, such as Reiksmarshal Kurt Helborg and Supreme Patriarch Thyrus Gormann, are described in detail. A host of new NPCs have been added to illustrate the vast diversity of folk who call the capital their home.
Whilst Altdorf: Crown of the Empire contains enough plot hooks and interesting locations to be the site of hundreds of adventures, it is also a perfect complement to the Enemy Within campaign. The Characters may turn the fleeting visits to Altdorf described in Enemy in Shadows, Death on the Reik and Power Behind the Throne into detailed explorations. The capital will also play a pivotal role in the forthcoming fifth part of the campaign, Empire in Ruins.
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire is an excellent and entertaining addition to any gaming table. Packed with esoteric lore, suspicious NPCs, distinctive locations, and intriguing adventure hooks, it is the perfect guide with which to add additional depth and detail to your games of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire includes:
- A History of Altdorf: A timeline of events leading up to the present day, detailing the city’s past as the centre of Unberogen power in the Reikland and the centre of Sigmar’s Empire. Myths and legends associated with the area and the great men and women who have contributed to Altdorf’s cultural pre-eminence, past and present.
- How Altdorf is Ruled: A detailed examination of both secular and religious power in Altdorf, and the checks nobles from other provinces attempt to place upon them. The major knightly orders that call the city home are described. On the streets of the East End and Dockland the power of the gangs has as much impact as the edicts of the House of the Third Wilhelm, and their organisations and methods are the subject of numerous articles and adventure hooks.
- A Visitors Guide: The city is divided into three great quarters, each comprised of several distinct districts. There is the wealthy South Bank, centre of religious and political power, the City North, a buzzing commercial hub and home of the Colleges of Magic, and the East End, a maze of decaying rookeries and noisome industrial sprawl.
- Altdorfers: Over 45 NPCs are examined in detail, providing a broad selection of the great city’s citizens and denizens. From penniless revolutionaries and forlorn mutants to the worthies of Altdorf’s court. The peculiarities of what life is like for Altdorf’s Elves, Dwarfs, and Halflings is examined, and lurking in the city’s dark are Skaven agents, and the followers of Chaos gods.
- Beneath the Streets and Beyond the Walls: Altdorf extends down into the mud and beyond its walls. Visitors arriving on foot from Nuln are treated to the booming and flashing of the Artillery Fields, whilst those from Marienburg are assailed by the magnificent sight (and ammonium stench) of Altdorf’s Demigryph pens. Beneath the city, the Dwarfs labour to prevent the flooding of their ancient subterranean district, whilst monsters and cultists stalk through the catacombs.
- And more: The cultural life of Altdorf has options for rich, poor and middle class; the skill of psychometry can be learned by those with the talent for it; vision-inducing Dreamwine can be purchased from some of the venues of the Street of a Hundred Taverns.
Dungeons & Dragons, Role-Playing GamesThe Players Handbook is the essential reference for every Dungeons & Dragons roleplayer. It contains rules for character creation and advancement, backgrounds and skills, exploration and combat, equipment, spells, and much more. Use this book to create exciting characters from among the most iconic D&D races and classes. Dungeons & Dragons immerses you in a world of adventure. Explore ancient ruins and deadly dungeons. Battle monsters while searching for legendary treasures. Gain experience and power as you trek across uncharted lands with your companions.
Role-Playing Games, Warhammer Fantasy RoleplayWelcome to the revised and updated Director’s Cut of one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written! Enemy in Shadows presents the first part of the epic Enemy Within campaign, the sequence of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventures that inspired a generation of gamers. So, gather your heroes as you take them from humble beginnings as penniless adventurers to the halls of the great and powerful, where every decision can change the fate of the Empire. At the appointed time, we shall rise from our secret places and throw down the towns and cities of the Empire. Chaos will cover this land, and we, the Chosen Servants, shall be exalted in HIS eyes. Hail to Tzeentch, Changer of the Ways! Njawrr’thakh ‘Lzimbarr Tzeentch!’ The Enemy Within is the campaign all roleplayers should play at least once in their lives, making the Enemy in Shadows a must purchase for all gamers
Dungeons & Dragons, Role-Playing Games, Summer SaleCreate your own Critical Role campaigns with this sourcebook for the world's greatest roleplaying game! Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount provides everything you need to play Dungeons & Dragons on the continent of Wildemount (set within the world of Exandria) - a land of war, betrayal, and swashbuckling adventure. Comprised of four regions, Wildemount provides endless potential for adventure in a land of brewing conflict and incredible magic. Rising tensions boil over into all-out war between the politically dubious Dwendalian Empire and the light-worshiping wastefolk of Xhorhas, supplying a vibrant backdrop for any D&D campaign to explore.
- Uncover a trove of new options usable in any D&D game, featuring subclasses, spells, magic items, monsters, and more, rooted in the adventures of Critical Role—such as Vestiges of Divergence and the possibility manipulating magic of dunamancy.
- Start a campaign in any of Wildemount’s regions using a variety of introductory adventures, dozens of regional plot seeds, and the heroic chronicle system - a way to create character backstories rooted in Wildemount.
- Explore every corner of Wildemount and discover mysteries revealed for the first time by Critical Role Dungeon Master, Matthew Mercer.
Dungeons & Dragons, Role-Playing GamesA menagerie of deadly monsters for the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game. The Monster Manual presents a horde of classic Dungeons & Dragons creatures, including dragons, giants, mind flayers, and beholders - a monstrous feast for Dungeon Masters ready to challenge their players and populate their adventures. The monsters contained herein are culled from the D&D game’s illustrious history, with easy-to-use game statistics and thrilling stories to feed your imagination.