Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay – Altdorf: Crown of the Empire
NB: All orders of this product include a PDF copy which will be sent via email within 24 hours of receiving your order.
Altdorf is the capital city of the Empire and the birthplace of Sigmar Heldenhammer. It is the most populous city in the Old World, and the site of several famous and majestic landmarks. The Imperial Palace and the Grand Cathedral of Sigmar are monumental edifices, larger than whole districts of smaller cities. The Colleges of Magic tower over the banks of fog that blow in off the Reik, venting gouts of sorcerous fire and fume. Altdorf has another side to it, in the teeming rookeries of the East End and the bustling Dockland to the north, gangland intimidation and revolutionary fervour are felt more keenly than the word of Sigmar’s priests, or the rule of the Emperor’s laws.
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire is a fascinating and entertaining 224-page guidebook to the capital. Standing on the confluence of two of the greatest rivers in the Empire, Altdorf is a nexus of power: government, religion, magic and military. Each district is carefully detailed with a wide variety of locations, plot hooks, and NPCs. A beautifully illustrated map, provided with both GM and Player versions, shows off the expansive city in exquisite detail. Whether Players wish to explore the Street of a Hundred Taverns, involve themselves in intrigues at the Imperial Palace, seek to topple the established order alongside Altdorf’s revolutionary factions, or dominate the city’s underworld as part of the warring dockland gangs, the book has all you need.
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire is extensively researched; combining details derived from over 30 years, including stories, sourcebooks, and roleplaying scenarios, with new material to create the ultimate sourcebook for thrilling adventures in the capital. Old favourites such as ‘Filthy’ Harald Kleindeinst and Rosanna Ophuls are updated to be used in the fourth edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Characters from Warhammer Fantasy Battle with links to Altdorf, such as Reiksmarshal Kurt Helborg and Supreme Patriarch Thyrus Gormann, are described in detail. A host of new NPCs have been added to illustrate the vast diversity of folk who call the capital their home.
Whilst Altdorf: Crown of the Empire contains enough plot hooks and interesting locations to be the site of hundreds of adventures, it is also a perfect complement to the Enemy Within campaign. The Characters may turn the fleeting visits to Altdorf described in Enemy in Shadows, Death on the Reik and Power Behind the Throne into detailed explorations. The capital will also play a pivotal role in the forthcoming fifth part of the campaign, Empire in Ruins.
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire is an excellent and entertaining addition to any gaming table. Packed with esoteric lore, suspicious NPCs, distinctive locations, and intriguing adventure hooks, it is the perfect guide with which to add additional depth and detail to your games of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay!
You may also like
Dragon Dice Bag – Q WorkshopGaming Accessories, Geeky Gifts, Role-Playing Games, RPG Accessories
Altdorf: Crown of the Empire includes:
- A History of Altdorf: A timeline of events leading up to the present day, detailing the city’s past as the centre of Unberogen power in the Reikland and the centre of Sigmar’s Empire. Myths and legends associated with the area and the great men and women who have contributed to Altdorf’s cultural pre-eminence, past and present.
- How Altdorf is Ruled: A detailed examination of both secular and religious power in Altdorf, and the checks nobles from other provinces attempt to place upon them. The major knightly orders that call the city home are described. On the streets of the East End and Dockland the power of the gangs has as much impact as the edicts of the House of the Third Wilhelm, and their organisations and methods are the subject of numerous articles and adventure hooks.
- A Visitors Guide: The city is divided into three great quarters, each comprised of several distinct districts. There is the wealthy South Bank, centre of religious and political power, the City North, a buzzing commercial hub and home of the Colleges of Magic, and the East End, a maze of decaying rookeries and noisome industrial sprawl.
- Altdorfers: Over 45 NPCs are examined in detail, providing a broad selection of the great city’s citizens and denizens. From penniless revolutionaries and forlorn mutants to the worthies of Altdorf’s court. The peculiarities of what life is like for Altdorf’s Elves, Dwarfs, and Halflings is examined, and lurking in the city’s dark are Skaven agents, and the followers of Chaos gods.
- Beneath the Streets and Beyond the Walls: Altdorf extends down into the mud and beyond its walls. Visitors arriving on foot from Nuln are treated to the booming and flashing of the Artillery Fields, whilst those from Marienburg are assailed by the magnificent sight (and ammonium stench) of Altdorf’s Demigryph pens. Beneath the city, the Dwarfs labour to prevent the flooding of their ancient subterranean district, whilst monsters and cultists stalk through the catacombs.
- And more: The cultural life of Altdorf has options for rich, poor and middle class; the skill of psychometry can be learned by those with the talent for it; vision-inducing Dreamwine can be purchased from some of the venues of the Street of a Hundred Taverns.
The Big Book of Battle Mats – Volume 2Gaming Accessories, Role-Playing Games, RPG AccessoriesThe Big Book of Battle Mats Volume 2 is a book of huge RPG battle maps for tabletop roleplay games. This book of wipe-clean, lay-flat maps covers a wide range of fantasy settings. Ideal for use with Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder and any other fantasy themed RPG. An RPG Map for any encounter at your fingertips in a book that travels with you. Opens to create huge RPG encounter maps. The maps are wipe clean and themed to be customisable and reusable to suit any encounter. The 360° spine allows the book to lay open flat or fold in half to fit smaller encounters or spaces, making it very adaptable for your requirements. This is the second volume of the hugely successful Big Book of Battle Mats.
Dungeons & Dragons RPG: Monster ManualDungeons & Dragons, Role-Playing GamesA menagerie of deadly monsters for the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game. The Monster Manual presents a horde of classic Dungeons & Dragons creatures, including dragons, giants, mind flayers, and beholders - a monstrous feast for Dungeon Masters ready to challenge their players and populate their adventures. The monsters contained herein are culled from the D&D game’s illustrious history, with easy-to-use game statistics and thrilling stories to feed your imagination.
The Big Book of Battle MatsGaming Accessories, Role-Playing Games, RPG AccessoriesAttention adventurers! The Big Book of Battle Mats is the ideal set of fantasy mats to keep your party rolling through any and every roleplaying random encounter. 58 wipe clean maps will lead you through dungeons, along winding marsh tracks, past suspicious looking lairs and even into throne rooms on your quest for danger, excitement and treasure. And very possibly a little bit of a fight. Designed to spark the imagination, as well as illustrate encounters using the handy grid format, the Big Book of Battle Mats offers endless flexibility. You can play each map page individually or use the lay flat format to play across the complimentary opposing mats as one larger two-page spread version. The Big Book of Battle Mats was a very worthy winner of the People’s Choice Best Accessory at the UK Games Expo 2018! Watch Our Review Video:
Warhammer 40,000 RPG: Wrath & Glory Core RulebookOther RPGs, Role-Playing GamesA Grim Future of Glorious Adventure... The sinister schemes of the Chaos Gods have shattered the galaxy. The Great Rift tore through space and reality, pushing mortal life to the precipice of oblivion. The Gilead System has lost contact with the vast Imperium, trapped in the silent darkness. As the shadows of extinction loom, hope fades but is not yet entirely extinguished. Rallied by the Rogue Trader Jakel Varonius, a disparate group are dedicated to doing what must be done to keep the Gilead System from being consumed by the darkness. Can they resist the machinations of Chaos as well as the plots of those who see the rift as an opportunity to further their own power? Time is running out in the 41st Millennium. This accursed age needs heroes more than ever before. Will you answer the call? The Wrath & Glory Rulebook is everything you need to roleplay grim and glorious adventures in the Gilead System.